Listen to this post!
2020 has been a strange year to say the least, but the holidays are a chance to enjoy your family and take some much needed time for yourself. Holiday home decorating plays a huge part in their celebrations for many people, but who wants to hang the same old stuff every year.
This week we thought we would take a look at some of the holiday home decor trends that are making headlines this year. Obviously your taste – and home – is unique, but taking inspiration from these would be fun!
If you need help with any aspect of your holiday home decorating don’t forget we’re here to help! Our holiday home decorating service is creating magic across Houston, and we invite you to join in the fun. Contact us here to schedule a free Zoom consultation to discuss your holiday home decorating needs.
Now back to those top holiday decor trends! Which of these is your favorite?
- Navy – The Pantone color for 2020 is Classic Blue. This color had a significant influence on the home décor industry, as you see it in furniture, accessories, paint, and even Christmas décor! Navy pairs beautifully with so many colors, including white and/or silver, gold, platinum/champagne, blush, and even red. If you have navy accents in your home, definitely consider bringing navy into your holiday décor!
- Platinum – This tone falls between silver and gold and tends to be a little softer.
An elegant accent, it can be paired with virtually any color — red, navy, blush, taupe, black, and so on. Add it with ivory or onto a flocked tree for an exquisite glam look. You can include it in your wilderness themes to create a touch of rustic elegance. You can’t go wrong adding platinum to your tree!
- Metal — This fun element is great to add in your holiday cheer. Think large oversized jingle bells, tabletop pieces, and tin ornaments. Not feeling brave enough to add some large-scale pieces to your tree? Consider doing a mixed metal theme and focus on golds, silvers, and platinum.
- Buffalo Check – This trend isn’t exactly new, since buffalo check plaid is just a good, solid choice around the holidays! You can find items in both red and black or white and black. For a new take, pair some burlap with your white and black buffalo check.
- Nutcracker — This is one of our favorite holiday home decor trends in Christmas decor ideas for 2020! The nutcracker theme takes on a whimsical elegance, as it incorporates fun colors of red, green, gold, and navy. Consider placing nutcrackers into the body of your tree or bringing in a playful plaid or nutcracker ribbon. This look is sure to inspire dreamy images of sugar plum fairies and dazzling Christmas parties.
Farmhouse- The Farmhouse trend is still going very strong and is sure to incite feelings of nostalgia this Christmas. Farmhouse elements include cozy plaid prints, rustic details like berries, natural woods, and even aged metals. This trend can consist of a more neutral palette or be full of bright red berries.
- Neutral Decor- Neutral color palettes are all the rage. With trends in home decor being inclusive of soft gray tones, white and greige, it makes sense that neutral color schemes would have a place in Christmas decor. Popular looks are soft glam tones or a rustic woodland look, as seen below.
There you have it, our top trends in Christmas home decor for 2020! You’ll see these looks from living rooms to wrapping paper motifs and Christmas stockings.
- 5 2021 Home Decorating Trends Inspired by the COVID-19 Pandemic - January 11, 2021
- 5 Big Benefits of Working With a Houston Home Stager in 2021 - January 8, 2021
- 31 Days to an Organized Home: A Day By Day Guide - January 6, 2021