Condo dwellers have to do things a little differently when they are planning to put their home on the market for sale. Home staging is almost a must, as showcasing a condo for sale must focus on maximizing the appearance of space and function.
Balconies are always on the top of the list of “must haves” for most buyers when looking for a Houston condo, and they are a great feature to have, especially when living in the heart of the city. A balcony is one of the most visible objects on the urban landscape that everyone who is searching the condo market tends to put on their ‘wants’ list.
The Unused Balcony
Often, even though they have them – and wanted them -many condo owners get little use out of their balcony. They imagined they would, but the reality is they come home, they turn on the TV and eat dinner, and they don’t go out there. This often results in them become a wasted space.
However, this has must change when it’s time to sell. Your balcony is a great feature that should be emphasized and staged to show your buyers what they can do with this often overlooked space. This is the answer to the outdoor space all buyers want to have, so stage it and win them over.
With this in mind, here are some tips on how to stage your balcony to showcase its potential functions and style:
- Look for small-scale furniture that is both comfortable and functional. A cushioned corner chair or lounge at one end of a balcony suggests to would be buyers a wonderful place to read a book or take a breezy nap.
- A small bistro table and two chairs tucked into another corner creates a relaxing nook for morning tea or evening glass of wine.
- If you have the space and a suitable corner, the addition of two short storage benches or deck boxes, and a square table form a dining booth for entertaining and offer functional extra storage, something that is always a hit with homebuyers.
- Don’t be afraid to choose brighter colors when staging a balcony than you did inside, where things should be kept fairly neutral. A balcony is for relaxing and entertaining, so it should be friendly and inviting and not too staid.
- Even if your condo has only a tiny-postage-stamp–size balcony, play it up with furniture that fits to extend your living space (especially useful for those smaller condo units). Remove all your clutter, give your balcony a better purpose, and use every inch of your little piece of urban real estate to its fullest.
Need help preparing your Houston condo for sale? Our home staging services are just what you’re looking for. Contact us for a free consultation and an explanation of just what we can do for you to get your property sold faster and at the best possible price.