Most home sellers are aware of the fact that in addition to interior home staging curb appeal is something their house needs but are often not quite sure how to make the most of what they have.
The fact is that often all it takes to transform the exterior of a home from blah to beautiful are a few simple outdoor home staging tweaks that can be made over the course of a weekend and are inexpensive enough that they won’t ‘break the bank’.
Here’s a look at some of the most effective
1) Rent a power washer for the weekend. You can use it to easily clean up your home’s siding, deck, driveway and even the sidewalk outside your home and the physical effort on your part will be minimal.
2) Rent – or borrow – a lawn edger for the day and give all those edges and corners around your drive and sidewalk a nice, neat finish.
3) Invest in a can or two of rust proof spray paint and repaint your mailbox and exterior lighting. You can either freshen up the existing color or give everything a whole new look by opting for a new hue altogether.
4) Take a long look at your front door and make sure it’s in great shape. If not, replace it. It may surprise you to learn that a new front door made it to the Top 5 Best Home Improvement List in the Remodeling 2019 Cost vs. Value Report, with an average ROI of just under 75%.
5) Update your house numbers. Although most people begin their home search online these days, home buyers still also do neighborhood ‘drive-bys’ to check out the exterior of homes they see there, and so making sure that yours can be seen from the street is a must.
6) Add some instant natural color and appeal with hanging baskets and window boxes.
7) Adding fresh mulch can make your landscape plantings look neater, brighter, and more professional.
8) Create a tableau. One of the goals of interior home staging that can be extended to to outdoor home staging is creating visuals that allow potential buyers to envision what their own lives would be like living in your home.
If you have a porch, patio, deck or even just an open patch of lawn take the time to stage an outdoor living ‘tableau’. The simple addition of a bistro set to a patio or a swing to a porch can help buyers imagine how wonderful a summer afternoon or evening could be were they to buy your place.
Latest posts by Just Organized By Taya (see all)
- Houston Home Design Ideas: Walk-In Closets - July 19, 2019
- 5 Simple 15 Minute DIY Home Staging Fixes - July 17, 2019
- Post Vacation Home Organization Tips for a Stress Free Return to Reality - July 15, 2019